1 one of several parallel layers of material arranged one on top of another (such as a layer of tissue or cells in an organism)
2 an abstract place usually conceived as having depth; "a good actor communicates on several levels"; "a simile has at least two layers of meaning"; "the mind functions on many strata simultaneously" [syn: level, layer] [also: strata (pl)]strata See stratum
- Rhymes: -ɑːtə
- Plural of stratum.
Nounstrata (via strata)
Strata is the plural of stratum (the geological formation); for other uses in which it can be used in the singular or plural, see Stratum (disambiguation).
Strata may refer to:
- Strata (novel), a science fiction novel by Terry Pratchett.
- Strata title, a form of ownership devised for multi-level apartment blocks.
- Strata (band), a Northern California band.
- Strata (comics), a super-hero in the DC Universe
- Strata (album), a 1990 album by Steve Roach and Robert Rich
- Strata (software), a company that develops 3D software.
- Strata-East Records, a record label
- STRATA, the team on the Saul of the Mole Men TV show.
- Stratta, a popular brunch dish made with eggs, cheese and ham.